Life of Ralph

This will give you a glimpse into my life, the rise and fall, the trial and tribulations and the ongoing challenges that I face on a daily basis. I write, I drink, I read, I watch movies, I travel (when i can afford it) and chicks just don't get me.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The home I've only visited....

How do you visit a place and all of a sudden feel like the puzzle has been put together and is now complete?    Leaving home knowing it wasn't really your home only to find it later on in life on a whim holiday trip?     Can anyone answer me?  After X amount of years living in suburbia Orange County, I can definitely say, this is NOT the place.

During one of my walks around the Upper West Side, I was listening to Talking Heads song This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)  and it all connected and made sense and my gut for once in my life spoke to me and repeated the words, "This Must Be The Place"



I think Frank Sinatra said it best, "I want to be a part of it New York, New York"

I don't wear flip flops, I don't go to the beach.  I enjoy museums, opera, food, and most importantly diversity!!   I enjoy hearing Russian on my left, Spanish on my right, Mandarin in front of me and some language I have no clue where it's from behind me.  
I like the fact that reading isn't some weird thing, it's a thing that New Yorkers do, Whether its on the subway or on a sunny day in Central Park.


I know to some people Orange County is paradise, good for them!!!  I am glad they found their piece of paradise. Me on the other hand know it's in the concrete jungle.  It's just going to take a lil while to get there.
Finish school, move, and enjoy life.    Till then, I'll just watch as many New York movies as possible.



No comments: